Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Answer to Last Post

Well, here is what happened on the tournament hand.  I appreciate the comment from seven dewey, and would have to say I agree.  Chatting with the opponent later, he said that had I shoved he would have folded, though am not sure that is true.

I ended up calling with JJ, and he turned over AQ suited.  Hard to believe someone would come over the top with that hand, but he explained that he wouldn't have, but had "an extra 3%" because of the suitedness.

I had to ask him what hands he thought he was ahead of that would call him.  The flop was small, but with two of his suit.  The turn completed his flush, and another club came on the river for good measure.  He never made a pair, so the flush draw was his salvation.  Someone commented that had he only called my raise, all the chips would have gone in on the flop anyway, which is probably what would have happened.   I had him covered by 200 chips which went in the next hand with a QJ offsuit against AJ and KK.  The kings held up when he survived my gutshot straight draw.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

It's a very good point that all of the chips would probably have gone in on after the flop anyway, so the outcome is the same. I'm sorry it turned out that way, but that's poker! (Don't you get tired of hearing that? LOL)