Friday, April 1, 2011

Playing at Crazy Moose- Seattle

Visiting Seattle this week I finally got out yesterday afternoon for some poker.  The Crazy Moose in Mountlake Terrace, north of Seattle is similar to Pasco in name only.  The poker room is 4 tables with some excellent Monte offerings including hand of the day (random:  queens full of 8's for $99), the normal monte stuff, quads, straight flushes, etc., aces cracked win a rack-limit 1 per hour, and $250 aces full of 10's or better.  They also spread an omaha game daily with monte offerings, quad 10's or better, $100.

I started off well in the 3/6 game and when I eventually got a seat in omaha, was up $25, but better than a poke in the eye as they say.  Omaha was a disaster for me with only one low pot in 2 hours.  I had nut draws like crazy and never came in or were counterfeited on the river.  Ended up losing $200 and switched back to 3/6 where I lost another $40.  Had to leave to meet some buddies but one of them, Jim and I found another spot closeby where I managed to drop another $90 in a 3/6 kill.  Highlights included chopping 2 pots, losing a straight to a higher one, and getting aces cracked.  Some days just go like that and the important thing is just to smile and have a good attitude about it.  Working on that part.  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Nice to see that they still have some 3/6 games somewhere. Sounds like you had fun even though it wasn't profitable. Hope you have a great weekend!