Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Donk Vs. Donk

Played in three turbo micro buy in tournaments this morning and was the first out in all of them.

Tournament 1: Flopped two pair with my 6/7 on a 6/7/9 flop with 2 hearts. Bet to protect my hand and am raised. I reraise to define his holdings, he calls. Turn is a heart. I lead out bet big and he calls. River another heart (no hearts for me), I shove, he calls and shows JH, 3 clubs. Donk.

Tournament 2: I lose a few chips playing 6/8 suited and bet with my two pair flop 6/8/2, call, call. Turn is another 2, small bet, another caller, I call. River, blank: small bet, call, call. Pocket jacks wins with 2 pair. My last hand: A5 suited, Bet, raised, I call, reraise, reraise all in, we both call. Our hands: QQ/AJ/A5. Flop is J/J/Q. Drawing dead to running aces. AJ and I are both out.

Tournament 3: Playing pocket 7's I flop top set meaning a low draw is there plus possible straight and flush draw. I bet, get called multiple places. Turn brings in the flush and another straight possibility. With multiple bets and raises I am behind but with full house possiblities I call. River fails to pair the board and I am out, guy scoops with baby flush and nut low.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

In #1 - why did you bet on the turn with possible straight draws following along and 3 hearts on the board? Just curious.

In #2 - why go all-in with a weak ace? Were the blinds coming up? How many more hands did you have to look at before the blinds?

In #3 - I defer to you because I'm not comfortable with Omaha.

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME(S)!!!