Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Final Table but no Money

Friday nights are always challenging to me. The Legion has so many good players and so many donks. One guy fancies himself a pro (well two including me) playing online and talking about his success. When I used sharkscope to find out how he really did I was amazed at the amount of his losses....in excess of $16,000. Wow.

Last night he was getting lucky in various ways. Best example was reraising all-in a big preflop raise. Turns out he had AK offsuit and the original raiser had AA. The flop ran runners to give both players a wheel, but also a diamond flush for him. Second example was playing 2/3 suited against a raise and flopping 2/2/6 snapping a big pair. His downfall was limping with AA and getting snapped by 4/7 offsuit in the BB on a 4/7/x flop. The reason he limped was that he was trying to trap a super donk who was running over the table with his luck.

At no time during the tournament did I have more that maybe 200 more than starting chips of 2200, so it is a minor miracle making the FT. There were several spots that I should have shoved as a short stack for key double or triple ups, but I waited too long. Final hand: trapper donk in BB with A/7 (400/800 blinds), me UTG with 8/8, other donk calls my all-in of 1000 with his K/J offsuit, donk 1 shoves another 1200, donk 2 calls. Flop has a king and we are both gone, me bubble plus 1, him bubble boy.

No comments: