Thursday, March 5, 2009

Omaha High Low

I am an admitted Omaha fan. I play online almost every day for small stakes, and do fairly well. The Wednesday night Cable Bridge Omaha tournament is not one of my favorites, though I did go through a time last Fall when I could not lose. The problem is two-fold. First, there are never more than two tables, so the ultimate prize is just not that much. Second, with a 1500 chip stack and moving quickly to no limit you must connect early to get some chips and are frequently short stacked and forced to move all in or committ a big chunk of your chips to play any hand. I really prefer bigger stack, slower blind tournaments. I played o.k. I think, but never really got going. I lost a big pot with pocket aces against a two pair flop and it just went downhill from there.

Playing in the 3/6 kill cash game afterwards I quickly lost $100, only to end the evening up $90, so it was a net win of $62 for the day.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Hey, silly, a net win is always better than a netloss. I sure wish they played Omaha at the Moose. I hear the rake at Joker's is absolutely ridiculous. I'd like to play that tournament at the Cable on Wednesdays, but I keep forgetting about it and it starts at 5:00, which is the time I get off work, so I would always be late. I need to ask to work from 7:30-4:30 on Wednesdays - ha! See you tomorrow (?).