Thursday, March 12, 2009

Omaha Ambivalence

I am hating the Omaha tournament more and more.  Wednesday night we had only 9 players so the prize pool was dinky.  I see the worst plays possible in that game.  One guy, I will nickname him "Papa Smurf" just had to see every flop and call every bet and get lucky on every hand.  He knocked me out with my flopped two pair all-in with some random hand that found a straight.  I was sincerely hoping he would bring his second place money to the cash game, but he left.  I did great in that game, up $238 including $75 in high hand money (10 high straight flush).  I was glad the game broke when it did as I was starting the giveback procedure.

My online tournaments have been going well.  Two money finishes yesterday and a step advance, and a 4th place money finish today in a 45 person sit-n-go.  Nice. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I keep thinking that I should work from 7:30 to 4:30 on Wednesdays so that I can play the Omaha tournaments just to learn the game, but it sounds like that might not be such a good idea. Have you played Omaha at Joker's? I'm just wondering if it's any better over there. Hope to see you Saturday!