Sunday, August 5, 2018

Branson, MO

Taking a break from poker writing the past few weeks for a variety of reasons.  Have been very busy moving the last possessions from our Cannon Beach home to Seattle.  The house sale closed on Friday morning, the 3rd, and we caught a plane to St. Louis at 12:30.  Saturday morning caught up with my high school buddy, Ron and wife Linda over brunch then drove 4+ hours to Southwest Missouri, Branson to check in to our rental home in a giant vacation complex (3300 acres).  This trip was a surprise family reunion for my wife's sister, who recently had a milestone birthday.  A total of 32 people are here in the heart of the Ozarks, including our kids and grandkids.  It is pretty chaotic in the 2 houses with combined 13 bedrooms.  The heat (95 today) plus high humidity are a radical change, and I am often freezing in the air conditioning.

There are a couple of food bucket list items on this old Missourians menu.  I got one today, deep fried catfish.  Pork tenderloin sandwich is next, also deep fried.  Making my heart medicine work overtime.  That is it for now, poker talk of late way too depressing.




1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I'm sorry about your lack of good poker to write about, but your trip sounds fun and your house is sold so things are going well. I hope the surprise party was a surprise!

As for heat, we are to get a high of 110 on Thursday. This wouldn't kill me if my car air conditioner was functioning, but it's not. I was hoping it could be fixed with a simple charging of the system, but no! The compressor is out and it's a $1300 fix. Won't be happening. Don't think the car is worth that much LOL. One month of heat to go. Wish me luck. Just hope the heat pump holds out at my house. Sheesh.

Miss your face!