Saturday, August 18, 2018

$5.00 Investment

Another Tulalip trip on Thursday.  Using my free tournament entry coupon from Monday, I did the "dealer appreciation", $5. add on for 500 extra chips.  Got great cards early on, then card dead.  Managed a double up against a good aggressive regular when he hit a straight vs. my nut flush.  Making the final table played carefully with a small stack to ladder up to 5th place.  There were 74 entries, 7 places paid, but we agreed to pay last 3 spots money back.  My 5th yielded $100.

Using my winnings to buy into a new Omaha game, cashed out a few hours later for $210, giving me a net profit of $205 ( plus another $20 tournament coupon).  Great day of poker.

On a personal side note, this year has sucked for me health-wise.  Fighting back pain for a couple of weeks, drove myself to urgent care at 4 a.m. Sunday with severe abdominal pain.  Turns out to be a kidney stone.  As additional side note, 4 a.m. is an excellent time to go to urgent care, literally only patient, free parking and no traffic which is awesome in Seattle east side. I feel much better and have lots of pills.  Will post picture of stone later if possible😎

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kidney stones are the worst.

7 Dewey said...

So sorry to hear about the kidney stone. Hope the meds do the job and you are back at the tables soon.