Monday, August 20, 2018

Sunday No Chop

Sunday is my usual Omaha day, but feeling the love in tournaments decided to pass on oh8 and enter the $60. No chop.  The name explains it, they do not allow any deals, including bubble pay.  Using the $20 coupon from Thursday my cost was $40 to join the eventual 100 entries.  Running really well early chipped up big hitting suited connectors for straights and flushes.  Took a major hit when the short stack next to me went all in with AJ, I re-raised all in to isolate with AJ suited, but a big stack called with AK.  We hit our jack, but he hit his king.  I picked up a royal flush draw on the turn, plus the straight, but missed.  I would later get all my chips back from him with a flopped set of 4's vs. His KQ on a KQ4 flop.  Nearly eliminated when shoving from the button with K9 suited when big blind finds QQ.  Doubled up with the rivered flush and ultimately made final table with a short stack.  Watched 2 players eliminated, then shoved my one blind 6k stack with 3/3 and lots of callers.  Protection came with huge stack shove and hoped for AK.  Nope 5/5!!!  Some hope for a straight on a small flop when he flopped a set, but he hit quads on turn.  Cash out for $140, smaller win than I would have liked, but still 3rd tournament cash in a row.   Long wait for Omaha, missed lunch, tired, drove home.

Quick note on re-entries.  A very obnoxious player re-entered whining about cracked kings as she sat at my table.  I commented to the woman next to me that it was "headphone time".  She nodded in agreement.  This woman is big and loud and talks constantly.  Grateful to see her knocked out again quickly.  Her 3rd re-entry put her on table 1 and she was gone again soon. Two tables away could still hear her.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Wow - at least you got beat by a huge hand - and you had a pretty darn good flop yourself. Sometimes it just is what it is LOL.

The big obnoxious lady sounds like me! I'm glad you won something. I'm pretty much sticking to tournaments right now, but I'm not playing much because I'm trying to save a little for my short long weekend to Manzanita.

The 3-20 game at the Moose still sucks big time.