Friday, July 17, 2015

Get Back Up


In my new spirit of "not whining", I will simply report that things did not go well for me on Wednesday night.  I raised the first hand of the tournament with 9/9 and check folded when the inevitable over cards-flopped.  My most disappointing hand was J/7 of hearts.  There was a pre-flop raise (min) by a player holding 6/6 which I called from the big blind.  The flop had two hearts and was paired.  I bet around $120 as I recall, and was called.  The turn was a blank, I fired $120 again, call.  The river was the 6 of hearts, giving me the flush and him the full house.  I bet $120, he raised to around $500, and due to the pot size, called.  Damn.

My last hand of the evening was down to $350 in chips, on the button with AQ.  Blinds were $50/100, and of course I shoved when folded to me.  The small blind (one of my worst nemeses in Wheeler) re-raised.  Rut-Row!  He always has me "notched" with a bigger kicker or a bigger pair. This time, AK, what else?  Player down.

No comments: