Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Doo Dah




Off to the races this morning.  Sometimes I just love the players in the low limit turbo play money SNG's.  I lost almost 1/2 my chips with 8/8 called by 9/x unconnected unsuited garbage.  Naturally he hit a 9.  Limping in with Q/10, I was delighted to see a flop of 8/9/J with 2 spades (I had no spades). One of the early limpers open shoved.  Hmmm, I call with the nuts.  One other player called and we see the first shove is J/5 (no spades).  The other player I think had an 8.  Both players had me covered.

Now, here comes the turn, another Jack.  O.K.  Now the river, case Jack for quads. Unfreakingbelievable. Goin' to run all night, goin' to run all day.  I'll bet my mon-ey on the bob-tail nag, somebod-y bet on the bay.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Story of my life . . . and other people's too. In last Sunday's tournament, Ali (pit dealer) and Larry were in an unraised hand. I don't remember if they were both in the blinds or not, but they might have been. The flop was 6-4-4. Ali checked and Larry went all-in. Ali barely had him covered by called instantly. Ali had A-4 and Larry had 8-8. The turn was another 6 and the river was a 6, so poor old Ali's trip 4's with an ace kicker turns into 4's full of 6's and Larry has 6's full of 8's. Isn't poker fun? At least the best pre-flop hand took it down.