Thursday, July 9, 2015

FT CURSE BROKEN?

My consecutive streak of 5 final tables and two bubbles with no cashes has at last been broken.  Last night at Wheeler was able to eke out a 4th place finish for $110.  We were on the bubble and I had a very bad feeling particularly when the short stack shoved and was called in two spots.  Rather than check it down a new player bet into the dry pot, the other player said, "Really?" and folded AJ.  He tabled A/3, the all-in player tabled A/9 and won the hand with his kicker as no one had a pair.  Crap! Later, the same player called my AQ shove with AJ of hearts and rivered a flush.  The short stack went out just before me, and I was in the money.  Whew!  If my AQ had held I would have been 2nd in chips..........  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

:) Good job! Hope the curse is gone for a long time.