Saturday, July 18, 2015

Altercations


Dealing table 2 at the legion yesterday there was an uncomfortable situation which I could not figure out how to handle.  One player was plugged in with earphones, hoodie up, sunglasses on and not really paying attention to the game.  He missed some bets, raises, etc.  The young player next to him asked him to pay attention and things got ugly.  It was trading a lot of words, "don't tell me what to do", physical jabs, threats to punch, etc.  Everyone had enough of it.  The wise pro next to me, Ray, told me to just ignore them.  I gave them a verbal warning which did not have any effect.  They finally did settle down, but I think a discussion with the tournament director is due.  If they should happen to be seated next to each other or at the same table and start the same stuff I would like to deal them out until they both STFU!!!  There should be consequences for this type of behaviour.

I really wanted hoodie boy to go bust as he was playing super aggressively, shoving early.  He got hurt once with his QQ going down to A8, but he came back strong, eliminating 2 players with AA vs. 8/8 and K/K.  What is ironic is that he busted aces earlier with 8/8 vs. A/A.  It pays to be lucky catching 2 outers.  The KK was Ray who also was eliminated on Wednesday with the same hand and same matchup against AA.  Very cold deck.

Needless to say, I again failed to cash or even FT.  Can't even remember my last hand, it was that bad. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Jerks at the table are the worst. We had a situation a week ago Saturday wherein one guy went all-in out of turn in his big blind and everyone folded. Right after everyone folded, including himself, a guy wearing ear phones (who's kind of a jerk all the time anyway) said something about "he can't go all-in in the blind like that out of turn. We should deal the hand over." He was very adamant about it and got floor involved who naturally said too much action had passed and we moved on to the next hand. Mr. Jerk demanded his money back. Fat chance. He left his chips and left the tournament. He was chip leader at the time. He was wearing earphones, paying no attention, and folded like everyone else and then made a super huge stink about it. He called later and talked to floor again about getting his money back. No go. He called the boss. No go. Get over it dude. I haven't seen him in a tournament since that one.

On the bright side of life, you missed all the fun yesterday when my granddaughter took down her first ever tournament and was quite happy with herself. I was very happy for her too. She won $480 and gave me half (because I've been buying her in for awhile) and was still grinning from ear to ear. Good kid.

Pendleton was a bust. There were 26 tables (260 total entries) and I got down to the 8th table. They only paid 3. Bummer.