Sunday, January 4, 2015

Mojo? Have you seen mine anywhere?



I will have to admit to a bitter truth.  I believe that I have lost my mojo.  I cannot seem to win at poker.  Live, tournament, freeroll, play money.  You name it.  Could not sleep tonight, I blame it on two cups of coffee with dinner, so playing a $10 guarantee freeroll.  Down to 58 players (over 600 registered, paying 10 places) when I raised with AJ.  A larger stack reraised me all-in with A/10. Ordinarily I love this match up but sure enough, a 10 in the door left me drawing thin.  Out in 58th place.  This has been happening pretty much whenever I play.  Have not gotten to a final table in a while and forget about cashing.  This stuff has got to stop soon!!!!


2 comments:

Phil said...

What is the answer? I don't think it is playing like so many others (calling big raises with garbage, calling with bottom pair, getting lots or all of my chips in on draws, playing easily dominated hands out of position, playing any two suited cards, weak aces, etc., etc.) It just seems like the loose aggressive players are having me for lunch. What is a tight aggressive player (mostly card dead) to do?

7 Dewey said...

I can't help you. I'm in the same spot. "They" always say if you get your money all-in with the best of it - that's the best you can hope for. 90+% of the time I get my money in good. There's no accounting for luck. Take a break. It really does help.