Thursday, November 20, 2014

America's Cardroom

After having my computer crash a couple of times on one of my free poker sites (Zen Entertainment), decided to download America's Cardroom, a site one of my Legion friends plays on.  He was telling a group of us last week about his small wins on the freerolls so I decided to have a go at it.  My first tournament was pretty brief.  They begin with 270 players, then you can late register for the 1st hour.  My second tournament this morning ended up with 492 entrants.

I really like this site, it has good graphics, smooth play, lots of choices of bets (1/3 pot, 1/2 pot, 3/4 pot, etc) that make it easy to use.  Also, the lobby has tons of information....big stack size at each table, smallest stack, average chips, next blinds, etc.  I have played at many sites, including pokerstars, ultimate bet, pokerroom, zen, full tilt, etc. and this one ranks at the top.

So, anyway, playing my 2nd tournament I hung in there, got some double up opportunities, and was in the top 1/4 of chips.  I took a huge hit with my QQ when I was re-raised all-in pre-flop by 5/7 who caught a river 6 for a gutshot straight.  Ouch!  Then I almost lost my tournament seat when KK slowplayed my JJ preflop raise.  I hit a straight on the river to survive (who says I never get lucky?).  My big breakthrough came with QQ when I raised, then was re-raised all-in by AX, over-shoved by AX, and called by some total crap hand.  We all had a lot of chips, and when the dust settled my queens held up and I was 2nd in the tournament.  I just hung in there to the final table, occassionally knocking a short stack out and ended up heads-up with the massive chip leader.  He had me about 4/1.  We went back and forth, changing leads a couple of times.  I had him cold twice but he sucked out with garbage.  The final hand I had something like A10 vs. 9/10.  The winning prize was only $2.50 out of the total prize pool of $10, but it now allows me to play some micro buy-in tournaments or cash games to run it up.

  

4 comments:

7 Dewey said...

So from looking at the picture it appears that you won since that's your name next to #1 and $2.50. You didn't make that very clear in the post - just indicated what your final hand was. Aren't I a pain in the ass? Just say yes.
It sounds like a fun site. I wish online poker was OK to play in my damned state.

7 Dewey said...

Thanks!! I always knew it was so.

Phil said...

I meant yes, I won the tournament. LOL

7 Dewey said...

Ha! Nice ass covering sir. Hope you have a nice weekend. I'm off to Spokane to rock 'n roll.