Saturday, August 9, 2014

Two Stories About Why I am Getting Senile and another bad beat story




This week was a tough one for me.  In Seattle my car suffered this scrape on the post in my daughter's condo while backing up.  Returning to Cannon Beach enjoyed the other grandkids for a few days, returned them to Portland, then made a quick run to Costco.  Forgot that I had placed my Kindle and Ipod on the roof of the car.  They flew off when I entered the highway.  My good luck was that a local saw it happen, retrieved them and contacted Amazon.  Recovered and unbroken.

My bad beat was at the Legion last night.  Dealing table 2 I was down to starting chip stack after the break.  After surrendering both blinds (100/200 level), had only 1800 when I dealt myself 10/10.  Raising to $500, I was re-raised to $1000 by a lady who I had not seen play here before.  RB called the raise and re-raise.  The flop was a monster for me, 3/10/J.  With only $800 behind, I went all-in.  The lady then re-raised all-in for $1000 more.  RB tanked, and finally folded.  I put her on a big pair, and was correct, A/A.  The turn brought a queen, rut-row, don't do this......river was the king for her ace high straight on the runner runner.  Player down.

Fortunately I was able to knock out several players and the final table formed by 9 p.m. and I drove home with my tail between my legs.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You are both senile and lucky - LOL! Last time I was in Lincoln City I left a digital camera on top of the car. It was most definitely broken. You are very lucky that neither of your items was broken. Bummer on the car however. We are entitled to a few "senior moments" now and again!