Sunday, August 17, 2014

Still Running Bad

For a while I thought perhaps my extended nightmare was over.  Dealing table 2 at the Legion Friday night I dealt myself pocket aces.  The woman who knocked me out of last week's tournament made a big raise with pocket 8's and I quickly shoved, which she just as quickly called.  My aces held and I knocked her out, having her covered by about $100.  Played a few more hands, we consolidated tables, and found myself with AA again in the big blind.  The UTG big stack player raised with AQ and it was folded to me.  Shove.  He calls and I double up.  Sweet!

Moving to the final table, I am not the short stack, but only about $8000 in chips.  There are a couple of massive stacks and they quickly knock two players out and reduce one large stack to the short one.  We are paying 5 places tonight and there are 7 of us left when the biggest stack min-raises from the button with a limper and me in the big blind @ 500/1000 blinds.  I have A/A and 6000 in chips.  Shove!  The raiser doesn't really take long to call and reveals his J/10 off-suit.  The flop has a queen as the door card and I get a bad feeling which is confirmed when the next two cards are 8/9 for the flopped straight.  There are two clubs and I have the ace, so when the turn is another club my hopes raise for a moment.  The river is a diamond and I am out.  As I walk away from the table I hear them discussing paying the bubble.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I HATE that! The table should wait until the exiting player is out of earshot before discussing paying anybody. We all know they are probably going to do it, but it's just rude not to wait. It happens to me frequently. By the way, next time you see those stupid aces, fold em - LOL!!