Saturday, July 19, 2014

Frustration

Very frustrating night at the Legion tonight.  In turn, I get unlucky, play poorly and have opponents get lucky against me.  I flop gutshot, turn double gutter, whiff.  I flop two pair, lone opponent rivers a gutshot straight.  I flop bottom pair, turn flush draw, straight draw comes in, whiff.  Last hand, flop a set of 6's vs. AQ off.  Two of his diamonds on flop....runner runner diamonds, player down.  The hand before vs. this player I folded bottom pair on flop, turned trips....nice pot too bad I folded.

The table was extremely toxic.  Two major calling stations, one X factor playing like a calling station and getting lucky.  Four good players, and one luckbox.  My plan is to keep getting my money in good and make a draw now and then plus avoid getting unlucky.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Toxic sounds about right.

I'm frustrated too. No luck in the super satellite. They were giving 20 seats and I went out 34th. Phooey. I played Friday's tournament and was out before the 1st break. Disgusting. On the drive home all I could think about was how I could have folded every hand I played pre-flop and never have gotten involved. Bad weekend.

Phil said...

Sorry about the bad luck at Wildhorse. I nearly always have terrible luck there, call it the $215 buffet. Sometimes the cards just aren't there to allow us to get in the game.