Monday, March 24, 2014

Stepping Up






I occasionally play on the Card Player website for "fun".  I really don't care for it much as they have changed the payouts for the worse (used to win some cash) and the site has tons of ads which can be clicked on accidentally.  In addition, it frequently freezes or crashes, usually when I have a big hand.  Every day that you sign on a 4200 point credit is given to you.  Additional points are earned by winning sit n go's, as well as "tokens" which can be used for cash tournaments.  I had almost 500,000 points accumulated when I signed up for a SNG last night.  While waiting for it to fill up, I clicked to register in their big "Step" tournament which culminates in a 6 person televised tournament with a $10,000 first prize, $25K total prize pool.  Entry in step 1 is free, but you must place 1st or 2nd to advance to step 2, and on through 10 steps, with the higher steps only awarding one advancement.  I have gotten as far as step 6 previously, and with earlier tournaments, your steps carry forward.

Anyway, for some reason I clicked step 8, which can also be entered with 400,000 points.  It took me immediately to the tournament because I filled the last seat.  Oh crap!  There went nearly all my points, plus I was locked into the earlier SNG.  Oh well.  2 hours later, I won both tournaments (not fun heads up going back and forth), winning over 100,000 points back, plus 50 tokens, and now one step from the finals for the TV show.  There are 56/200 slots filled for the scheduled Mar. 29th tournament, then the top 20 play on April 9th to 6 spots, with the tv final May 11th.  Wish me luck on this!  Gotta win the step 10, then on to glory!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Oooh! I'm going to be personally acquainted with an actual TV personality! I just know it. You can do it. This is good karma for hitting the wrong button. GOOD LUCK!!