Monday, December 30, 2013

Guidelines

It helps me sometimes to follow some simple guidelines.  Notice that I am calling them guidelines and not rules :) Here are a few:

  1. Don't chase straights and flushes on a paired board.
  2. Flop or drop small pairs
  3. Don't call raises with weak aces.
  4. Don't shove with weak aces unless under 3 or 4 big blinds.
  5. Don't chase the lower end of straights.
  6. Play squeaky tight under the gun and early position.
  7. Don't limp much, mostly to trap or with small pairs.
  8. Complete the blind if there are several limpers with any two cards.
  9. If first in the pot on the button, raise.
  10. If short stacked and under the gun with 5 big blinds, go all in with any two cards.
  11. Don't forget to raise with your draws in late position to get a free card.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

These "guidelines" are working out quite well for me. I'm being more focused & disciplined too. Last night I got stuck almost $320 but ended up down only $25 on the night. I decided that was a good time to go home. 5.5 hours of poker, food & beverage for only $25 isn't too bad. I can live with that.

Did you play the Friday Moose tournament?