Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Another Tournament Cash

This time, only 4th place, good for $60.  The hand of the day which would have propelled me to 1st place and eliminated 2 players (one of whom chopped 3 ways) was this:  Jeff shoved a fairly big stack with 4/4 on the button.  I had limped with AJ.  The big blind shoved a smaller stack with A/10.  I tanked and ultimately folded.  Pocket 4's won, but would not have with a jack that came on the river.  Opportunity missed.  I think Jeff would have folded if I had shoved, but I had too big a stack to shove, and he probably would have called or shoved if I had raised.

The unusual pot of the tournament was a shove by Rob with small suited connectors.  Another player called also with suited connectors.  I was in the big blind and called with Q/3 suited.  The board paired with an ace on the flop,  a brick hit on the turn, then the board paired again.  The other players and I thought that I had won with my queen kicker.  Both Rob and the other player got up and left before the dealer split the pot 3 ways.  Rob never returned and it looked as if the other wouldn't either.  A buddy of his chased him down, he returned and ultimately was one of the 3 players to chop.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You really are on fire. I wish I could make as many final tables as you! Keep up the great work.