Monday, September 16, 2013

The Comeback Kid

Let me begin by saying that once I get "stuck", I usually find it impossible to make a comeback.  Today I bought in for my usual $100, played for several hours with little variance, then finally lost it.  I then did a short buy for $40, losing that too.  Determined not to leave a juicy game (Tony, Thuy, Penny, Doug, etc.), I bought in for another $60.  Tony was crushing the table, had about $700 in front of him, hitting every flop turn or river, but I could see all of that going away.  Thuy was into it for at least $400-500, but of course never stopped playing her ultra aggressive game.  I lost that $60 in a multi-way pot with J/J vs. 8/8 vs. Q/5 suited (plus another folded hand on the river).  Janny flopped a set, the flush hit his hand on the river, and I was felted yet again.

My poker bankroll gone, and most of my cash, I bought in for one last short buy of $40.  I was determined to either fight my way back or leave with that loss.  Miraculously, I won a pot that got me back to $100, then another that put me almost even.  As you know, poker players never leave when they are even.  I kept playing, won a huge pot and another decent sized ones, finally cashing out for $509, for a $269 win.  It is so nice to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.  Tony?  Oh yes, I watched him lose the last of his chips before leaving the room.  Thuy left too.

I leave for the beach tomorrow, up about $300 for my week and a half of "adventures in pokerland".

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Hope you had a good trip. FYI - Tony and Thuy were both back in the poker room yesterday evening losing about $400-$500 each again. Makes you wonder where all the money comes from! Wish I was rich - LOL. See you next time.