Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dear Mom, Funny writing to you from prison

Yesterday I felt like the new guy in prison.  You know, meeting my new BFF's in the shower room, playing "drop the soap".  Wow.  My Omaha game was going so well, at first.  Up about $150 early, I get involved with an Omaha newbie who is constantly being explained how pots are split, which hands are best, even how much money to put in the pot.  So, playing an A/3/9/9, the flop is pretty darn sweet, A/A/3.  You can tell the newbie is excited, wanting to know how much he can raise my bet (with one other limper who is chasing low).  He raises, I reraise, he caps it.  The turn brings another 3.  Fine with me when we cap again.  He runs out of money on the river, and it is a queen.  He scoops the pot with his A/Q.  He thought he had the full house on the turn.  Sick.

I get rivered twice by one of my least favorite players, "Mr. Tight", who "only plays the nuts".  Except someone forgot to tell him that he was only chasing the nuts.  I flopped a set, he chased to the river and caught a straight.  Then, I flop a straight, he flops two pair and fills up on the turn.  He sneakily checked the turn, expecting me to bet, but I checked behind to disappoint his check raise plan.  I called the river, but could have folded just as easily.  Ended up stuck $90 and very disappointed.  If any of those hands had held up would have at least broken even.

No comments: