Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wildhorse Roundup- A Brief History



I have been playing at least one event at the roundups for the past 5 years.  My results have been dismal.  I like to call it the "annual $200 buffet" as that is my usual benefit from it.  I would like to run through my last hands played to the best of my memory to illustrate the beats I have taken.

Q/10-  Turned straight beaten by full house on river  (2 times)
Q/10- 2 pair beaten by straight on the river (yes, I know quit playing Q/10)
A/A- Beaten by A/J on river (flush)
A/K- Beaten by A/Q
Beaten in horse tournament on razz round with nearly identical hands

Anyway, you get the idea.  Last night was my best ever showing by lasting until 7:30 (started at noon).  There were 560 players and came in around 150th.  I was doing well at my table, but it was tight and only one elimination, so not a lot of chips in play.  Got moved to a table with very aggressive players who had a lot more chips.  Short stacked, was forced to call all-in with 9/9.  Raiser had K/K and I was done.  I felt that I played well with a couple of lapses, but overall did not make any major mistakes..  Just went card dead at the wrong time.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Believe me sir you don't know what "dismal" is. I'm very proud of you for going to far on Friday. Let's just say that I am currently attending remedial poker playing school and I MIGHT play on Sunday. I'm seriously wondering whether I should ever play again. You did great even if you didn't make the money. Don't even ask me about my day as I won't tell you - LOL.