Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dealing at the Legion





Another Friday night dealing at the American Legion.  Fortunately, this time it is table 3 which is the first to break down.  Memorable hand dealt:  player 1 pocket 8's, player 2 pocket 5's, player 3 pocket 3's.  Flop is 8/5/3.  Pocket 5's leads the betting and everyone calls.  I still don't understand why there was never an all-in but it was a very large pot and the 8's won.  You don't see set over set over set very often.

When my table broke down was just a little over starting chip stack.   Playing snug, I make the final table but one of the short stacks.  A few double ups and back in contention.  With 5 players remaining (paid 6) and in the money I pick up 10/10 on button.  All-in called by small blind with A/10....not a good call for him until the ace spikes.  Now short stacked I triple up but still the short stack.  Blind vs. blind I have 7/2.  Small blind limps in with 10/5 and on a flop of 2/5/x he bets, I call and am gone in 5th place for a $77 win (less 40 for buy-in, netting $30 after tip).  I also get $14 in dealer tips, so a total win of $44. 

Player who called my shove chops 1st & 2nd with another player, who stiffs the dealers.  

No comments: