Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Royal Treatment




Today was kind of a strange poker day for me. I woke up not feeling like "the sharpest knife in the drawer". I left the house for a business call, then had to return when I realized that I had forgotten my paperwork. Kind of groggy, sleep deprived, whatever. Quitting about 3:00 to take the dog home and feed him I decided to go play poker. When I arrived, about 4:30 realized that when I changed clothes had forgotten my wallet. Luckily I had $100 in high hand money waiting for me from yesterday (quad 9's). So, buying in for $100 decided to go into ultra squeeky Randy tight mode, folding every hand until I picked up KK in late position. Raised to $12 with a couple of callers, flopped a set, rivered full house. Now up to about $140 this hand came up: I limped in early position with AQ of spades. No raises, good. The flop was K/J spades and I think a queen. Checked around. Good. The turn pairs the king and "Too Hard to Handle Randle" bets $10. I reluctantly call hoping to catch a flush, but probably in trouble if I do. The river? Glad you asked, 10 of spades for the Royal Flush!!! Big payday on the Monte board of $846.00.

Luck continued with me, flopping a full house with 4/4 and other assorted big pots. Cashed out for almost $1164 even after a generous tip to dealer and $100 to Bob (we have a 75/25 deal if both are in the game, but gave him the consolation prize for showing up late). Sweet!!!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That is absolutely awesome! I knew there was a reason you have been a royal flush magnet lately. It was simply an omen of things to come. Congratulations!!