Friday, April 6, 2012

How Do I Do it?


How in the world can I hit a Monte worth $120 and still lose $75 ($50 in the cash game, $25 in tournament)? Glad you asked. Here is how. First in the tournament I was running ultra tight and card dead. I voluntarily entered only three pots, folding the first to a raise (10/J that ultimately would have rivered a straight), all-in with AK suited that found a flush on the river vs. flopped set of 10's, and lastly Q/J offsuit against 8/8 all-in as a short stack. I still managed to come in 8th out of 27 or so.

Cash game, playing pretty good I get aces cracked by two players chasing straights, they both hit and chopped the $200 pot. Terrible calls with K/10 offsuit and j/10 offsuit from my UTG $10 raise. I even raised the flop big blind bettor who hit a jack, to $35, and they both called.

I then managed to hit quads with my pocket 7's, which was worth $120, except Bob was playing so $30 went to him plus big dealer tip to Hector. My worse hand besides the aces cracked was calling Thuy's straddle raise to $19 with my Q/J offsuit. Flopped the top pair with jacks, she bet $20 on the flop,turn and then rivered a king to win with her AK. Sick.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Well, gee, maybe you should quit playing with Bob - just kidding - but he seems to be getting more money than you - LOL!

In answer to your question about Joe and his 6-3: I was in the big blind so he was either on the button or in the cut-off and the pot wasn't raised. But yes, he had a choice to play the 6-3. I had no choice with my 6-5.

Hope to see you someday. I might play Saturday at the 10:00 at the Moose & definitely Stark's tournament on Sunday.