Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Playing Pretty Well

When I am home in Cannon Beach it is difficult to play in a "real" poker game more than once a week.  Other than the Legion game there are games in Astoria, Seaside, and Wheeler but just don't feel comfortable in those.  The Wheeler game in particular is funky, played in a huge upstairs room in a restaurant.  It is small, maybe 2 short tables, $40 buy in, so not huge rewards, and feels a little like a home game.  Maybe I have residual bad feelings from my one time playing when  I got knocked out with pocket jacks vs. pocket queens.

So, playing free tournaments online is my game now.  I sometimes judge how well I am playing by my results, which is wrong, but still an indicator if I am consistently "cashing".  Yesterday I came in 12th out of a couple hundred, losing my coin flip of AK vs. 66 (I raised, he reraised, and I pushed all in preflop).  Day before yesterday I "won" 135,000 by coming in 1st out of 146 players.  Also won a couple of other sit n go's.  So, feel like I am playing well, and getting good results.  Too bad I am not on some real money tables right now.  Will be in Tri-Cities for 2 weeks starting next Tuesday and will play in the freeroll tournament if enough hours, which I heard is not a problem.  Plan to play lots of tournaments and cash games if they go well.  SEE YA!

No comments: