Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Off To A Good Start

Started my Tri-City visit in fine fashion last night.  Got to town about 9 p.m. and headed straight to the Moose.  Playing tight and getting some good cards I was up about $70 when the table broke down.  I waited for a seat on the main table and immediately lost about $150 when my KK got cracked by 9/10 when a second 9 hit the river.  Slightly on tilt I then chased a flush draw to the river and missed.  Dang, I hate starting well then getting stuck.

My big hand happened when I min-raised on the button with 6/7 suited (hearts).  Lot of callers and the flop came great:  Jd/4h/5/h, giving me the open ended straight flush draw.  Checked to me, I check behind so as not to blow my chance to hit the Monte.  Latif seemed visibly upset that I did not bet, and I was soon to find out why.  The turn?  8h, completing my 8 high straight flush.  Now Latif comes out betting, $8, which another player also calls, and I call.  The river?  Great card for me, another jack.  Latif bets $10, which I raise to $20, he reraises to $30, and I make it $50, he calls.  Latif shows pocket 4's for the full house and I rake the pot plus pick up $218 for the Monte.  Sweet.  The table breaks down around 1:00 and I leave up over $200.

The morning Moose tournament:  After a frustrating morning trying to run some reports at work, I decide to play the 10:00.  Good choice, ended up chopping with Clark $175 each.  My key hands were a three way all-in  their KQ & KJ vs my AA, and finally knocking out the 3rd place player with AQ vs 99, hit both the A & Q.  Hope the rest of the week goes as well.   

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That is a terrific start! I love straight flushes. There's just something so pretty about them. I'd rather be a straight flush queen than the queen of quads - ha! Anyway, good job! I will probably see you at the Stark tournament if not before.