Friday, May 27, 2011

Why Play Money Poker is For Idiots

Due to the federal ban on internet gambling I am reduced to playing free money play money games.  Try 90% of players seeing flops in a "cash" game.  Try pushing all in 5 from the "money" in a tournament with a medium pocket pair and getting called by.....A7 offsuit and overcalled by K8 offsuit.  That is the level of donkdom that you encounter.

Had one interesting hand in a tournament...should have done a screen capture.  The player to my immediate right raised to 120 with 20/40 blinds.  I reraised to 500 with my pocket kings, the player to my immediated left reraises all in.  The first raiser reraises all in, and I call having both of them covered.  The hands?:

AA  first raiser
KK me
QQ  re-re-raiser

I flopped a king and knocked both of them out.  Have never seen top 3 pairs right in a row like that before, and in order no less!!!

Tonight is the legion tournament, should be a big tournament with the holiday weekend.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I hope you have terrific luck in the Legion tourney. Have you tried Club WPT? I keep hearing about it when I watch the show. It might be worth a try. Hope to see you soon.