Saturday, May 7, 2011

Poker Dream 2

Every once in a while, particularly after taking some horrible beat, I dream about poker.  Last night playing on line I doubled up hitting quad jacks against a flopped set over set queens and jacks, and was on cruise control, tripling my buy in for the pot limit omaha game.  Then disaster struck.  I flopped top set with my JJ on a flop of J/7/5.  I bet to protect from the low  and straight draws.  I was called by a big stack player with two pair, 7/5.  The turn was wonderful, a 7 putting two flush draws on board, the other player's underful, and my big full house.  I bet, he raised all in and I called for all my chips.  The river......his one outer case 7 for quads.  This put me on major tilt and unfortunately I was simultaneously playing in a small buy in holdem tournament, played back at a raise all-in with 6/7 suited and got knocked out on the bubble after pairing my 6 and losing to AK when an ace hit.  The hand below is one I did not get paid off for (small pot).  This is the guy who knocked me out.



Back to my dream.  I was playing in a short handed game with a short stack when I flopped a full house, Kings over 8's.  It was bet into me, I call and another player also calls.  He bets again when another king falls giving me quads and he proudly says, 10's full.  The dealer starts to shove the pot to him and I protest, then look at the board again and there are no kings on it, plus he has not brought the river card.  I cause a big stink, demand he bring the last card but he has already mucked the deck.  I loudly announce that I am "so done with this game" and leave.  It has become a full table, played on what appears to be a long dining table, and one of the other players is a former saleswoman who worked for me at Macy's.  Weird, huh?   

No comments: