Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mixed Results

Somehow my luck runs strange.  For instance, I can destroy the single table SNG tournaments that I love to play, but go stone cold in the multi-table ones.  Or, I can be red hot in cash games and frigid in tournaments, or visa-versa.  Yesterday the cash games were very good to me with four winning sessions including a quadruple up when I filled up against a smaller full  house and a flush draw.  Tournaments were a mixed bag for me with two cashes, one 3rd place and one 2nd place.  I was leading in the third place but got interrupted by Mrs. Hall, so sat out and coasted in to last cash.....shame.  The other one I was chip leader by 4 to one heads up in Omaha but just could not put him away.  Blinds get very large and you play every hand and usually go all-in with lots of split pots.

This government crackdown on the websites is starting to really affect online play.  I noticed that most of the players were from foreign countries and there is lots of chat about the change.  I would estimate that perhaps traffic is down by 1/2 or more.  It is hard to get a game going at some times.  Heard yesterday that Ultimate Bet had cancelled the contracts of their pros.  There were comments from some of them that they are very hard hit, losing both the income from the contract and their profit from playing.  My hope is that they get this thing settled soon and legalize it.  We all know what happened during prohibition.

Example below of me getting lucky from a couple of days ago (just to shut me the F___ up about others getting lucky against me!).

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I don't play online, but sometimes I'm just ashamed to be an American. Good God, poker is way older than baseball, making it truly America's game & I just don't understand where the government gets off telling us we can't play it online if we want to. I guess they didn't learn anything at all from prohibition did they? Idiots. I hope it gets worked out very soon.