Thursday, May 12, 2011

Another Mixed Message Day

This is officially getting silly.  I got crushed in a deepstack (50 Big Blind buy-in) cash omaha game.  Lost almost 3 buy-ins as it was way too wild a game, with one player raising pot every hand and my draws not coming in plus opponents draws seemingly always arriving.  I like to see a lot of flops (57% according to my stats) and rely on my board reading to play from there.  My online stats show that I win over 50% of the time if I see a flop, and almost 60% of showdowns.  These stats are skewed however because of the number of tournaments I play and my heads up play, where you are playing nearly every hand.  I think the real numbers on cash play are much lower.  With a wild player in the mix it is important to go into a flop really strong as you may have to put all your chips in after the flop.  It is a really poor strategy to raise every hand and before long the maniac was felted and gone.

Anyway, tournament play was also pretty bad...until my last one.  It was a larger buy in than I normally play and ended up winning so I "almost" broke even.  Because of the lack of ability right now to rebuy it is very important that I stay within my bankroll.

No comments: