Friday, June 4, 2010

Good News for Lynne

O.K. Lynne, here is the good news. I know that I am a big crybaby whiner about my bad beats, so here is my take on it. I am playing good poker lately and am up about 500 or so in cash games. Tournaments continue to be bad for me, but am probably money ahead even if I had cashed a couple of times. My cash results tell me that I am playing o.k. The problem with tournaments is one bad beat or decision and you are out permanently. With the cash game you can either rebuy or just watch your stack take a hit, then come back.

To try to improve my tournament results, I am studying a "new" poker theory on short stack play called "push-bot charts". It basically analyzes your position on the table (blind, button, cut off, UTG, etc.), your chip stack "M" (number of big blinds), and the card holding, as well as whether the table is loose, tight or average. It sounds much more complicated than it actually is. For instance: pocket 8's or any larger pockets in any position against any table are a good shove with 10 BB's (down to pocket 4's except for tight tables), pocket 2's only on the button (shove 2's in any position with 2 BB's). You can google poker push bot and download the entire PDF file if you are interested.

No comments: