Sunday, June 6, 2010

Very Unlucky

The morning Moose tournament has been cruel to me. I started well, with lots of small pocket pairs, some good bluffs, and an early decent stack. I then ran into trouble with an early position raise with JJ. I am called by a very loose aggressive player who calls with A/10 offsuit. The flop is 10/10/9. I continuation bet and he calls. I bet the turn as well with another small card, commenting that one of us is stringing the other along. With the straight draws, I then fire a final bet which he raises on the river. I foolishly call. Down to about 1/2 original stack. My next debacle comes with J10 hearts. I flop a double gutshot straight draw with an AQ8 flop and one diamond. Dr. Dave bets and I call. The turn gives me a pair of jacks and another diamond on board, Dave bets, I call. The river is the 10 of diamonds and I figure, two pair and I can bluff for the straight. I bet 500, leaving me 475 behind and Dave raises me all in. I fold face up and he shows the Q/9 diamonds for a straight flush. Good fold. Good hand. Very unlucky.

My last hand I go all in with K/Q offsuit and get 3 callers (why not call the unluckiest player at the table if you are loose with A7 offsuit?). The flop is AA6 and they all check. Hope. The turn is a king and checks around. More hope. The river pairs the 6 and checks again. Sick.

No comments: