Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How to fail at poker

I am actively finding new ways to lose at poker. Some examples:

1. In the blind I am playing 9/2. The flop is 2/2/6. A player bets, another raises, I go all-in and they both call. They have JJ and 5/6. There is a 6 on the river and I am gone.

2. Player goes all-in with 9/9, I call with K/Q. He catches a 9 on the flop, I get my king on the turn. I am gone.

3. I flop a straight with A/10 on a K/Q/J flop early in tournament. JJ hits a queen on river for full house. I am gone.

4. 9/10 hearts raises (big stack), I reraise all in with KQ hearts (small stack). He hits a 10 on the flop and....I am gone.

5. I raise all-in from the button and a short stack with Q/10. Small blind (barely covering me) calls with Q/6 suited. Flop is Q/6/x and .....I am gone.

Lest you think this is just some bad beats accumulated over a long time, they are not. They all happened to me today..........WTF!!!

No comments: