Sunday, June 20, 2010

WSOP Tournament Finals

Today I am playing for my World Series of Poker $10,000 seat plus $2,000 in expenses. I won entry into the semi-finals yesterday by winning a satellite tournament, then finished 66th in the semi's (top 100 won a seat). The placement didn't really matter after the 101st was eliminated, and everyone just sort of started going all-in...I was eliminated with 3 others with my A/9 offsuit.

Anyway, there are 343 finalists so my odds aren't really that bad. It would be awesome to win the seat and achieve my dream. I played last year in a cash game with someone who had won an online seat like that and he ended up cashing for $27,500, so it can happen. The top 600 or so at the WSOP get their buy in back, so even $10,000 isn't bad. You can even sell the seat for face value if you want, which probably isn't a terrible idea. But, I just want the experience.

No comments: