Friday, May 28, 2010

Not Playing on the Final Table at American Legion Tonight

Busted just before the final two tables. Let me tell you of my sad tale. First off, there are players there that will call any raise with cr-p! Secondly, the same players will call you to the river with any bet if they get any piece of the flop or any draw. So, I had a wild ride with my pocket pairs. Got down then back up with a flopped set of 10's and was around 3000 chips when a 2400 stack raised with his AQ. I reraised all in with KK and another short stack calls with AJ. Perfect scenario for me. But, the dealer finds one of the two remaining aces, plus a queen and I am down to 600 in chips. The table then breaks down, I am moved to another table and yippee, move right into the big blind (200). With action I fold my 2/3 offsuit. In the small blind with only 300 behind I shove with AQ suited. The big blind folds, and I am back to 600. I call the 400 big blind (they went up the next hand) with Q10 hearts. With a queen high flop, the small blind bets, big blind, down to 200 as well, calls, and I call. Showdown I win 1800 with queen and best kicker.
Next hand I pick up A9 suited and push. The guy who found his two outer on the other table calls with JJ. The flop comes ace high and I am happy until the turn when the jack peels off. Unbelievable. Same guy getting lucky two times.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Wow. I shall wait patiently to hear something good. Your luck has just been horrific lately. I am sending you good luck vibes.