Sunday, May 9, 2010

Grady Issues

Playing in this morning's Moose tourament I was on a major heater with pocket aces twice, a monster 3 barrel bluff against the second biggest stack, and many small pots. When it came time to chip up the green chips, I had nearly all of them on the table. Grady can be a very loose and sometimes too aggressive player, so when I raised UTG with pocket 9's to 1800 (blinds 300-600), and he reraised from the big blind to 3700, it was not too tough a call. I had position, a fairly strong hand, and had him well covered with chips. I decided immediately upon calling that if the flop was small, I was all-in. If it held an ace or king I would check/fold. The flop was unbelievable to me....Queen/9/8. When Grady checked, he made some hollywood type of comment. Normally that would set off bells for me, but I then believed that he probably had aces or kings and I did not want him to catch up with me, so I pushed all-in. He insta called with his pocket queens. Ouch, set over set. I won another pot on a push, and got back to 4000 in chips. Grady limps in with K/J and I push all in for 3000 more with QQ, Holly calls with A/9 and only 1500 in chips, then Grady calls. If she hits her ace, that is o.k. with me, but Grady manages to find a king and we are both gone. How sick is that...beaten by queens and with queens.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Gross!! And yes, I do agree that Grady plays too aggressively sometimes, but I guess in the first case at least that he did have the best hand. He called an all-in of mine one time when I had pocket 9s (he had A8 suited) and he caught his ace on the river. I feel your pain!!