Thursday, May 6, 2010

Donkeys, Luckboxes, sixty nine

This morning's Moose tournament was going fairly well for me. Sal knocked a player out with an all-in call with his 6/9 soooted! The other player had flopped a set of 5's. Runner runner brought a straight and Sal doubled up. Old Ray got moved to our table, fairly shortstacked and doubled up against Vickie, then the next hand he limps in with (drum roll please), 6/9 suited. I raised the 100 blind to 700 with my pocket queens. Everyone folded except Ray who called. With a 9 high flop he checks to me, I go all-in, and he calls (with only one chip remaining). A 9 on the turn seals my fate and another lucky donkey player doubles up. Unbelievable.

Last night's Omaha had mixed results for me. I 4 way chopped in the tournament for a $120 gross win (minus buy-ins and my rebate program with Bob, and dealer tip....a very small win) and lost $100 in the cash game. Great cards, bad flops.

No comments: