Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bad Luck Streak

In tournaments today, I have just flat out been running unlucky. For example: First hand in a big tournament a middle position player raises about 12 times the big blind. I have pocket queens, so I min-reraise him. He pushes all in and I call. He has aces and I am gone first hand.

Tournament number 2: Early raiser, I reraise with pocket 10's. He flat calls. 9 high flop, he checks, I bet pot, he check raises all-in, I call. He has pocket 9's and flops top set. But wait, it gets better. The turn is the case 9 for quads and I am drawing dead. How can he hit the set (2 outer against me), then I fail to hit my 2 outer, and have him hit the very long shot?

Tournament number 3: I am running fairly good and raise 5x big blind (there are limpers)with AK, genius next to me calls with A/10 offsuit. I bet pot with
top pair, top kicker on a A/10/x flop. Genius sitting next to me calls. The turn...another 10. I am now crippled with about 1000 in chips (had about 4000), and he is chipped up. A few hands later I have QQ and shove. He instacalls with A/7 suited. There are 2 other callers, one with AK suited, the other with KK. Ace on the flop toasts me, then he hits running clubs for the flush. Nice, huh?

Last tournament today: 7 card stud, down to 12 players. One player has been sitting out but had a big stack and had me covered. I am about 7th in chips. I pick up a pair of jacks on the flop and come out firing. He chooses that hand to sit back down and calls with 3 connected (1 gap) cards. He hits the gutshot on 3rd street and the straight on 4th. I pick up 2 pair and keep firing till all in. My hand fails to fill up and I am gone.

No comments: