Monday, May 24, 2010

Bad luck, bad calls and Spade Club is BS

Knocked out in 28th place, my KK vs 6/4 suited, huge raise preflop, all-in by bigger stack (barely), makes flush on river.



Called all in with QJ suited, AK suited makes quad aces.



My all-in with A/10 finds KK in big blind.

I could go on and on, but I digress. Today, I played in a big tournament and was the undisputed chip leader on the final table. I played too tight, especially against a frequent and light raiser, missing opportunities to knock my no. 2 and 3 rivals out (had both outchipped by 3 to 1). Ended up missing some giant draws and running into monsters slow played, also chipped one guy up big time when I attempted to trap in the small blind vs. bb with queens, he had 7 dewey, Lynne. Flop came small, with two deuces and a 7 on the river.

I am trying to determine if I am playing poorly, inconsistently, or if this site is just bs. Am starting to think it is all of the above. If I play super tight, the donks do me in. If I play loose, the rocks get me. If I mix it up I seem to pick the wrong spots. The flops are truly devastating as well with seemingly the wrong player making the right call against me most times.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I must say "tee hee" regarding the seven dewey (sorry) but the other stuff seems pretty normal for most online sites and, if I think about it, most poker in general. Maybe you just need a little break!! Hope you and your family have a nice Memorial Day weekend!