Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tough Time Winning

My online poker is just getting to be a joke. After cashing in 14 straight tournaments I can't even finish in the top 20! I am getting snapped right and left with people who I assume watch me fold 20 straight hands, then when I raise pot size, they call me with absolute garbage, and somehow manage to connect solidly. Case in point...raised in late position with AQ, called by Q/4 offsuit????? Flop has a 4 in it....I lose! This is not an isolated incident. It seems that a number of players sort of live off calling biggish raises with ATC (any two cards). This is especially true with the big stacks. I just don't understand their willingness to probably take the worst of it for even 10% of their chips. Fold, let the guy pick up the blinds and move on!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Two things - (1) do you think that perhaps the amount of money being spent on the buy-in makes all these bozos act so stupidly and (2) why are you not focusing on the very positive fact that you cashed in 14 tournaments in a row, silly? I would be thrilled to do that.

Eventually, the bozos will learn that calling you with garbage is dumb and eventually you will get back to cashing like crazy. GOOD LUCK!!