Thursday, May 7, 2009

Getting Bored With Poker

Poker is getting to be boring to me. I have seen the futility of the cash game at the Moose with the loose callers and the online games are not financially meaningful to me. Every time I get my online bankroll up I buy into a bigger buyin tournament and get spanked. Last night I played in a "Sniper" tournament which paid a bounty for knocking players out. I got one, but ran into pocket aces and a flopped set with my two pair K/10. I am beginning to hate that particular hand. It is just about useless except for straights, and even then does not always make the "nut" straight.

Anyway, I am burned out on the Moose and pretty burned out online too. Tonight is t.v. night for me.

3 comments:

Ashpdx said...

What's your new goal in life?

7 Dewey said...

Oh, Phil, please say it isn't so. I know exactly how you feel, but don't give up on poker yet. You know you love it in your heart. I am totally in sync with you as to live play for sure. I haven't played live except once in the past month. I honestly don't miss it. I am really concentrating on tournaments and I think the change of pace is good. You just need to change gears or get away from it for a little while, but DO NOT GIVE UP. You know it's the best game ever!! It's better to be a table potato than a couch potato!!!

Bro said...

Time to take up golf!