Monday, June 1, 2009

Winning Night at The Moose

I have been very disappointed in the cash games at the Moose for quite a while, but having been gone for a couple of weeks decided to "get back on the horse". It was a pretty bad game, with 7 or 8 players to the flop, a lot of preflop raises and reraises. I decided to just play very tight and wait for my opportunities. For about 2 hours it was up and down, never getting up more than $30 or down more than $50. When the suggestion was made to change to a $4/8 game I vetoed the idea, along with one other player. When she left, I went along with the change, but with reservations. Turned out it was a great idea. The game really didn't change with a lot of preflop raises, etc., but I eventually started getting some great hands and was getting calls from vastly inferior ones. The average pot was at least $100. An example was a "light preflop raiser" to my right raised, I reraised with AQ of spades and everyone at the table called when it was capped. The flop was queen high with no flush or straight draws and when it was bet and raised in front of me I reraised with everyone calling. The turn was a bit of a cooler with another queen hitting, but sure enough it was bet into me, with my raise not shaking two other players. The river....ace...bingo! Just in case someone got lucky on their kicker they were now in trouble. Sure enough it was bet into me, I raised, they reraised, I capped to see the "genius" (self described at the table earlier) show a queen 4 for trip queens. Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Anyway, it went that way for over an hour and I ended up cashing out for $530, with a $100 original buy-in. Nice day of work.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Sweet! It's about time!