Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend results

Lots of tournament play this weekend. Out of five tournaments, I made the final table on 3, but only one 2nd place cash. I thought this morning's Moose was going to go my way after I totally sucked out on two all-ins, but was ultimately knocked out by someone else's suckout. The first was really a sick one, with me limping in early with 3/6 suited. The flop was my dream....4/5/7, I bet, was called, then re-raised. I came over the top all-in, the first caller called and the raiser folded his k/7 face up. We turned over our cards to show my flopped straight, and Derrick's better flopped straight with the 6/8!!! The river however saved me with another 8 for a chopped pot. Never been so glad to share in my life. My second big suckout was a button raise with A/6 against a short stack. He called and the flop was K,10,x. We both checked. The turn was a 6, giving me a pair. He then went all-in. I thought for a moment and decided to call the $1000 bet into the 700 pot. He turns over KQ and I am in trouble. The river...another 6! Unbelievable, I never get this lucky.

The final hand for me was a blind steal attempt agains someone who had just stolen both my blinds. We were down to the last 6 players with one very short stack, so in retrospect, maybe not so bright a thought. Anyway, I raised to $3000 (blinds 500/1000), and big blind calls (did I mention my steal was with Q/5 offsuit?) with AJ. The flop was KQX, and the bb bets to put me all-in. I think for just a second and decide he is bluffing (which he was), and call with middle pair. He comments that he was just trying to get me off the hand. The turn is beautiful, a 5, giving me 2 pair and negating his overcard. The turn...his 3 outer 10 for the straight. Sick!

Anyway, counting bounties & freeplay wins earned, I only lost $20 this weekend for an awful lot of play.

No comments: