Saturday, January 31, 2009

No Luck at The Legion

"Another Friday night and I ain't got no money" remember that song? I was playing pretty much like a rock and doing o.k. We got down to 2 tables (only 33 players) and I ran into my problems. First I raised with A/10 and was reraised all in by pocket 4's. I lost that race. Then I raised all in with pocket 9's at was called by short stack Paul with pocket queens. Ouch, but still had about a $1000 in chips. With blinds at 300/600 and in the big blind I was raised by someone who was aggressive and usually had a pair or big cards. With J/6 of clubs I was getting pretty good pot odds so I threw the last of my chips in the pot. She had pocket 7's which held up, oh well.

Right now I am alternating between card dead and people getting really really lucky against me. Example: I have A/9 on the button. The flop is 9/5/2. The aggressive Big blind bets 250, which I raise to 500. She calls. The turn is another 2, she checks, I check. The river another 2, she checks, I check (I am suspicious of a trap). She turns over queen/9 for a chopped pot! Now, I may have been able to take the pot with an aggressive bet on the turn, but she is an excellent player who might have re-raised me, in which case I have to fold. Anyway, just a small sample of how it has been going lately.

No comments: