Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good Tournament Day

Playing on 3 Sit n Go tournaments in one day is my idea of a great time, especially when you cash in all three! My first tournament was a "just in the money" 7th place in a 45 person tournament. Lost one big hand and got short stacked on the final table. Another short stack (just a little bigger than mine) went all in with pocket jacks. I look down at pocket queens so I naturally snap call for all my chips. A big stack decides to join the party with K/10 off suit????? I am in great shape with a small flop and a blank on the turn, but the river is a king, and two are gone, with me taking 7th money, and the taller stack taking 6th. Ouch!!! My next SNG is better, I just hang in with average chip count and end up winning it. The third is also a bitter win, with again last in the money. Overall though, a good day at poker. I even got to chat some with my friend, "Fickle River" and we tried to sign up together on a 9 person sng...he got in, and my entry was a second too late.

A late update for today: just played in an 18 person SNG and came in 10th when I called a late position raiser with my A2 to see AA10 on flop. He bet, I raised to find out where I was, and did not listen when he re raised me all-in. I expected Ace with bigger kicker, but worse he had pocket 10's for flopped under full. I was definitely not drawing dead with board pairing (anything but 10's, one ace, or a deuce. No such luck.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Thanks for the info on "M". If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow Hansen's book. Of course, you'd probably have to haul it around with you because who knows when I'll see you again. Are you playing in Saturday or Sunday's tournament?

Good job on the SNGs!