Friday, January 16, 2009

Legion Friday Night

Another Friday night at the Cannon Beach American Legion. I am pretty card dead all night, with my first big loss the last hand before the break. I have 10/j offsuit in a family pot. The flop comes jack high and the short stack, a very good player, goes all in for 625 more (there was around 800 in the pot. Like a dutiful donkey I called to lose to AJ, but still think it was a good pot odds call. My next big loss was a 1000 raise (i think the blinds were 200-400), with AJ. My only caller was a short stack with A9. With a 9 high flop he went all in for 600 more, leaving me now drawing for the 3 outer. No such luck. I bluffed a couple of pots, and finally, with only 700 left, and the blinds at 300-600, I pushed with an ace (didn't bother looking at the other card) to see the small and big blinds both call. The small blind had K9 which was good with a king on the flop...my other card was a 5.

When I got up to leave, I pushed my chair back, knocking over the tv table behind me with 2 glasses of beer on them. Both glasses broke and made a huge mess on the floor which I then spent 10 minutes cleaning up. Perfect!!!!

No comments: