Tuesday, March 12, 2019

3/6 limit poker

Having just a few hours to play this morning, bought the last seat in a 3/6 game.  Put my name up for 4/8 and 3/300 but they were not to start before I had to leave.  My $60 "investment" ran up to about $120, based on a big kill pot win and aces that held up against 5 hands.  Variance is the key in these games losing a big pot with my A/Q vs. A/9 and 8/9.  Flop came A/Q/9. Despite my raise on flop and bet on turn they both hung in there.  The case 9 came on the river and I folded when bet and called before me.  Unreal.  There were 2 very aggressive Asian guys to my immediate right, which is where I like them.  Was able to call several bluffs and stay out of trouble.  Down to my last $20, went on a small run, quitting with $5 "sugar" after 3 hours.  Tight is the only way to survive these games, and saw some very improbable holdings stay to the end.  Think I could crush this game if I played it regularly. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

3-6 and 4-8 are fun. You know that everyone is chasing everything, but that's the way it goes. I really enjoy them. And - believe it or not - I do play a lot tighter in the 3-6 game at Jokers and I usually do fairly well.

FYI - I'm not going to Pendleton in April after all. My Pendleton money just got used for my car. See Facebook.